Our Favorite Things
Looking for a short cut to our recommendations? Here it is! Everything from books to pilates – click on the affiliate links to view our Favorite Things. We earn a small commission which covers the cost of consolidating recommendations into one convenient location.
Exercise & Movement
We Couldn't Agree More!
A traditional approach to health care involves evaluation of Symptom A + Symptom B = Diagnosis C. We are then provided information on treating Diagnosis C. We may feel better temporarily but have not really resolved the problem.
Instead, let’s start with Diagnosis C and work backward to determine the root cause of Symptom A and Symptom B. Now, we can really begin to improve our health primarily using food as medicine. This is functional practice, and we offer both Nutrition Consultations and Health Coaching sessions to empower you to create an intentional outcome with your health.
Key to the process of improving your health is identifying the root causes of an imbalance. Nutrition is a critical component of an integrative approach to health.
With a focus on the importance of high quality foods, nutrient diversity and gut health, we can work together to address clinical imbalances and improve your health. The result is a personalized intervention created to promote optimal health and prevent diet and lifestyle related diseases.
Are You A Good Candidate For Functional Nutrition?
The answer is a resounding, YES! Anyone and everyone is an excellent candidate for a functional, root cause approach to healing, managing symptoms, and improving your quality of life. Some of the reasons people seek out an integrative and functional nutrition approach are because they:
have received a diagnosis and wish to maximize their healing and symptom management potential;
have symptoms that have been steadily getting worse over time resulting in chronic pain, stiffness and even additional diagnoses such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue, arthritis, or autoimmune conditions;
have been seen by a variety of healthcare practitioners and have not yet been able to identify the root cause of the symptoms through traditional labs or scans;
have a recent diagnosis of IBS, Crohn’s, Celiac Disease, SIBO, chronic constipation or other GI condition with limited, sporadic, or no symptom relief;
a history of yeast infections or thrush, constant stuffy nose or allergies;
feeling of fatigue, depression, poor memory, concentration or insomnia;
have difficulty losing weight and keeping it off.
and the list goes on!
Two Locations To Serve You
147 West King Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278
1748 Heritage Center Dr, Suite 201, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Meet The Team
Jill Brown, MS RD IFNCP CLT
Jill relies on her experience as a former teacher to educate and empower individuals to develop an understanding of their health history in order to draw connections and inspire intentional outcomes for health and wellness.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nutrition, UNC Hospital
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nutrition, Duke Hospital
- Diabetes Self Management Program (DSME), Orange County Health Department
- Director of Nutrition Education, Food Shuttle Feeding American Food Bank
- Child and Adult Care Food Program, NC Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Clinical Dietitian, Duke Integrative Medicine
- BS Education, Texas Woman’s University
- MS Nutrition, Meredith College
- Doctor Clinical Nutrition, Maryland University of Integrative Health (est. May 2024)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition: Gastrointestinal Health
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition: Immune Health
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition: Cardiometabolic Health
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition: Endocrine & Energy Health
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition: Neurological Health
Certifications & Training:
- Clinical Aromatherapy, NY School of Aromatic Studies
- Reiki Level 1 and II, Christ Heart Reiki
- Herbal Medicine, Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine (1 year program)
- Herbal Medicine For Women, Dr. Aviva Romm (1 year program)
- Integrative & Functional Medicine for Women, Dr. Aviva Romm (10 month program)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner (IFNCP)
- Certified Leap Therapist (CLT) for food sensitivities and intolerances
- Institute of Functional Medicine Cardiometabolic, Hormone, Energy & Gastrointestinal Health Modules
- SIBO Professionals Course, Dr. Allison Siebecker, ND
- HeartMath® for stress, anxiety and emotional regulation
- DUTCH Female Hormone Training, Dr. Carrie Jones
Kara Watson, Administrative Assistant
Kara has a long history in client relations, business management and education. She is passionate about helping clients navigate their health care journey and feel supported along the way.
Kaila Bonavire, Nutrition Educator
BS Nutrition with Science, East Carolina University
MPH, RD Concentration, UNC at Chapel Hill (est. May 2022)
Dietetic Intern, Kaizen Nutrition and Wellness
Outpatient Dietetic Intern, Wake Med